6.7.07

Who Wants To Be An Amerikan




CANADA - 2006

25-year-old director/producer/musician Aaron Beckum's “Who Wants To Be An Amerikan” is a satirical film set in soviet Russia where a young man appears on a game show offering the grand prize of a new life in America.Amerikan has received some negative comments from some though who think the closing statement, “People are more important than places,” to be anti-American.“I wanted to make a point about the ugliness of extreme nationalism, but I’m not anti-American and neither is the film,” Beckum says. He attributes his success in this increasingly violent and profane world to his walk with God and his commitment to uphold his values.
“I’m lucky to be pursuing my passions while surrounded by people I love. I thank God every day for the gift of being able to create and speak through art.”
CAST
Ben Martin
Anastacia Bendey
Alexandra Rea
Richard Bernard
Directed by Aaron Beckum


Clicky Web Analytics